How I Change My Facebook Username 2019

Many people developed a Facebook account about a years back when it erupted onto the social networks scene.

For me, that was my freshman year of senior high school. Against my moms and dads' wishes, I had actually been on Myspace for regarding a year or so (Mother And Father if you're reading this-- sorry). When Facebook started challenging Myspace as the social media sites network to be on, I didn't wish to miss out on the activity.

So I rapidly created an account while my moms and dads were asleep one night.

As you can envision, freshman-year Holly was not my finest self. Premature, troubled, and a little strange, I created a username that was excellent for me at the time. Not so fantastic now as a young professional.

If you're like me and created a Facebook at a reasonably young age, you're possibly in the exact same watercraft. Never ever fear, your Facebook username can be changed.

How I Change My Facebook Username



Things is, your username doesn't turn up huge on your profile or anything. Fortunately. But it does appear as part of your Facebook page URL. That in itself makes it worthwhile to transform to something better.

The good news is, it's relatively simple! Follow along and I'll show you how.

Action 1: Log in to Facebook.

Visit to your Facebook account. This is the email that you used to produce your account and your Facebook password. If you additionally created your Facebook page a years back, you may utilize a now-defunct email to check in. I understand I do. There's a simple method to update that while altering your URL, which I'll enter into later.

Step 2: Navigate to Setups.

When you efficiently log in, you'll find yourself on your newsfeed. Pictures of your friends' interactions and also babies as well as inebriated nights out will occupy your screen. Possibly you'll even find some brand-new Facebook 3D pictures.

Seek to the top of the page where the blue banner is. To the extremely right, you'll see a tiny arrow pointing down. Click that to open the drop-down menu. From there, click Settings, which is second from all-time low.

Change Facebook Username


Step 3: Edit Facebook username.

On the General Account Settings page that you're now on, consider the 2nd alternative from the top. It's your username! Click the pencil icon to the right of it to change your username and also URL.

Since there are 2.23 billion monthly active Facebook customers out there, it may be tough ahead up with a distinct username. Facebook will certainly allow you know if the username is available or otherwise when you kind it in.

Change Facebook Username


Once you find an offered username, click Save.

Currently you have a new Facebook username as well as Facebook URL!

Keep in mind: As I discussed above, if you are making use of an obsolete e-mail, this is also the place you can alter that! Straight below username is a field called Get in touch with, where you can upgrade your email address to whatever you presently use.

Tip 4: Inspect Facebook URL.

To check that your changes have actually saved, browse to your Facebook profile. You can do this by clicking your name situated in the leading right corner.

Once on your profile, take a look at the URL. It needs to be your new one!

Enjoy your new Facebook username.

Currently you no longer need to live under whatever tag your high-school-self developed. Your username as well as URL reflect you as the person you are now!